Subject: Re: [Leica] Pateks and Leica
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:53:51 EST

> --- "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> wrote:
>  > Hi Seth,
>  >
>  > Lange didn't just decide to close up the shop early
>  > one day and take a
>  > long vacation.
>  >
>  > The factory, equipment and lands were seized by the
>  > East German
>  > government after the war.

Greg: yes, I knew that; it was just what I was talking about. What has been
most stunning is Lange's ability to recruit and train an entire new
generation of people to produce to a level of quality that matches any
watchmaking ever done (we'll probably start a thread arguing that
proposition).

Would that Solms could do the same!

Seth             LaK 9

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Pateks and Leica)