Subject: RE: [Leica] looks like personal attack time, I am game!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:19:59 -0500

> Austin,
>
> As an fyi I am not the one that started this,

Hi Sam,

Well, who started what doesn't really matter to me.  I was taken by your
response, no matter what it was related to.  There are probably better ways
to say what you were trying to say, without being so course.  I'm no angel
at tact, but I'm learning!

> jim Shulman started it with a comment about
> wasting money on nice cars.

As I said, not an issue.  Though, this must be a theme of the times, on the
Contax list, a similar "rift" is a-brewin'.  BTW, I like nice cars (and most
any "interesting" mechanical thing, like pocket watches, and cameras) a
LOT...and if someone else can't appreciate them as I do, that's their loss
in my book, but I certainly don't begrudge them for it.

> I find it interesting the BD quoted the first sentance of my PS but did
> not have the guts to post the last sentence.

Knowing BD as I do, guts, I am sure, are not an issue.

> The quesiton applies to ALL who critisize me on this matter.  I have the
> equipment, but I also have the ability to justify the equipment.

I don't believe that's an issue.  Justification of your equipment (or anyone
else's for that matter) is someone's personal business.  Even if you aren't
very good at photography, who is anyone to criticize you for it, AND more
importantly, why would you care?

There are a lot of things I'm not very good at (well, may be a few...and
some day, I'll discover what those are ;-), but I still do them...and some
of them I do because I enjoy them, some I do because I like learning...but
again, that's my business.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com> (Re: [Leica] looks like personal attack time, I am game!)