Subject: [Leica] TTL and Visoflex?
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:33:23 +1300

I was just wondering about people's experiences using the different TTL
models and their Visoflexes.  Maybe this would be better off-list, for some
reason, some people think the Viso is a dirty word and has very little to do
with contemporary Leica use. Has anyone had any aggravations, major
problems, weird inconsistencies or the like? Do you have a preferred
Visoflex in the II or III? How does the 0.85 TTL rate? Anyone out there
trying to use a Viso with a CL? Anyone trying to do macro work with the ASPH
lenses?

Half the reason I ask is that although the evolution of the Viso has
stopped, the M just keeps on evolving, but we're still managing to use the
Viso, which I think is pretty cool.

Sometimes I think we need a Viso list, I might take a trip over to Topica
and see what it takes if there is enough interest. I imagine any level of
interest would mean a low traffic flow anyway :-)

All the best,
Gary

There are, of course, those who would argue that it's unhealthy to read a
children's author past the age of, say, 24. Big people are supposed to
reserve their enthusiasm for real estate, business plans and zero-sum games
played by linguistically-impoverished men with hairy knuckles. This, in my
view, is real nonsense. A world in which it's uncool for grownups to care
passionately about books -- children's books, any books -- would be
infinitely scarier than a world with telepathic avocados or real estate
agents from outer space.

- ---Paul LaFarge on children's author Daniel Pinkwater

OO
[_]<|
 /|\
Gary Elshaw