Subject: Re: [Leica] Keeping film flat
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:33:45 -0500

As previously mentioned the curl is caused by the emulsion side drying
faster than the base side.  When the film base contains the same moisture
content as the emulsion it will uncurl.  I wouldn't let it bother me.  Dry
the negatives, cut and sleeve them.  If you store the sleeved negatives in
binder of some kind then the binder will hold them flat until they relax
naturally.

Putting a bowl of water under the negatives just increases the speed of
moisture absorption by the base.

Enjoy

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com