Subject: [Leica] Gum, bromoil and Silly Putty printing...cake anyone?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:21:51 -0500

Allan,

> You see, I CAN print in gum or bromoil.

I believe anyone CAN print in gum or bromoil, if they really wanted to...but
why on earth would one WANT to do that?

> You may prefer straight images,
> but I don't limit myself in this way.

Perhaps you could explain how that is "limiting [your]self"?  Certainly
nothing wrong with different printing techniques.

> Maybe you are just guffawing over
> your ignorance of different printing techniques.

Have you seen the cakes you can get that are decorated same as a picture you
bring in?  How about the t-shirts you can get at malls with your picture on
it...  Cripes, how about Silly Putty?  That's a valid printing technique ;-)

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen/done a Piezo/quadtone B&W print?  If
not, then wouldn't that make YOU "ignoran[t] of different printing
techniques"?

I do admit, I know nothing about "gum or bromoil" printing, nor do I really
care to get too deep into it, but I wouldn't mind a brief explanation of it,
and why one would even use it...in a courteous and respectful manner, if
possible.

Austin