Subject: [Leica] Re: Salgado to speak in Seattle Feb 16
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:19:44 -0500

Leica photography is nothing more than a person holding a Leica. The
actual picture takes what--1/60 of a second? There must be something
more to the process than that.  I suspect it's the person and not the
camera that matters the most. I've learned something in this off-topic
thread. I have more sympathy for Salgado. I've read a lot of things that
I agree and disagree with, and all become part of me--the photographer.

I am very, very glad that the owner of this list allows as much freedom
as he does. Things are allowed to peter out naturally, and go at their
own pace. Don't you hate being snapped back to grid?

Allan