Subject: [Leica] R8 Winder question
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:40:59 -0800

Does anyone know if it is possible to put the R8 winder (NOT motor) into a
single shot mode?  I bought a used one w/o a manual.  It seems simple
enough, but I cannot find a single shot mode.  When I shoot, I guess I hold
the shutter down for a while after the exposure.   A habit I have gotten
into as a slow soft down stroke seems to lower the camera vibration, and I
must hold it down for longer than about .5 seconds rather than a jirky
down/up motion.  Often the winder takes a second picture.  I would hope
Leica, in their infinite wisdom, would have allowed a single shot mode.

If anyone has a manual they could photocopy or scan for me, I would
appreciate it.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
P. O. Box 159/101 W. 5th. St.