Subject: [Leica] M2 trivia question
From: Robert Browne <rbrowne@iopener.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:20:03 -0800

Being curious as to the date of manufacture of my recently acquired M2 I noticed on a
list of serial numbers the designation ELC (signifying Ernst Leitz Canada). My camera's serial number falls within a batch of 200 made in late 1958 with that designation. My question is this: Is there supposed to be a specific marking of any kind on the camera itself that would note that? The top plate says Wetzlar Germany on it. No maple leaves or profile engraving of Ted Grant on it. Perhaps the Leica historians amongst us can enlighten me.

Thanks,

Robert