Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Registration
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:05:02 -0500

At 10:36 PM 2/12/02 -0700, Greg J. Lorenzo wrote:
>The card is exactly worth the paper its printed on to me.
>
>Very strange.

Not really "strange", Greg -- there are a lot of differing value-systems at
play on the LUG, and thank heavens for that difference!

To a collector, the entire set is worth more than are the individual
pieces.  Box, packing material, paper, &c.  I SELL Leica boxes on e-Bay,
and I've only ever had one which didn't sell.  Many collectors also like to
set up displays of period equipment -- a camera with its box and case, a
couple of old rolls of film, and perhaps a can of old developer or the
like.  Thus, even a box of photographic paper has a value beyond its worth
at the pulping plant.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!