Subject: [Leica] Re: Salgado Revisted
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:08:23 -0500

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 06:03 PM, Matthew Powell wrote:
> Now you equate the homeless, the mentally ill, the victims of fascist
> repression ala Pinochet or Latin American death squads and Nazis.

No I don't. I equate all hatred to hatred.

> Odd. Truly, very odd. You can't have compassion for the "have-nots" of
> the
> world unless you forgive a group that murdered better than six million
> people and caused a war that killed countless millions more... only
> sixty
> years ago.

Again, you are missing the point. Every change begins in the hearts of
individual people. If it doesn't take place inside the heart, it won't
take place outside of it.

> Hmm... lemme think. What have the Nazis of yesterday and today done to
> deserve forgiveness. I forgive those who realize the error of their
> ways and
> make amends.

One does merit forgiveness. It is something freely given. I don't think
you are at the place where you are able to understand that. It's absurd
that people go back over a half a hundred years ago to find enemies.
There is enough to be done here and now. I'm finding that those who make
the most noise about compassion  make it because they have no real
compassion to give.

I'm sorry to all for having allowed this to go on so long. I will bring
it to a close.

Allan