Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Old Hassy lens
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:22:24 -0800 (PST)

Really...how technically difficult regardless whether
it has a shutter or not to integrate the focusing
helical gears as part of the internal focusing
element. A lot of lens already have groups of elements
while moving the focusing helical gears, will move on
a non-linear scale independently with other groups of
lens. I'm not convinced that with an internal shutter
this design is impossible. Also, with this float
integrated with the helical gears, you get variable
float, which in principal would be even better. If the
internal shutter impose such difficulty, than I would
say all Hasselblad lens with shutters are a compromise
due to this limitation.