Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT)
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:54:01 -0700

Hi Sam,

I have used the Focotar 40mm f2.8 on my V35 and it is an exceptional
lens at it's best in my experience at f5.6 to f8 in print sizes up to
11"X14". Recently I purchased Schneider's 40mm f2.8 APO Componon lens
and I am still in process of testing and comparing both lenses against
each other at all apertures.

I still have to complete testing as time allows and write up the results
(I'm a hobbyist). So far both lenses are quite comparable even on the
special Leitz test negatives at middle apertures with the Schneider a
full stop faster.

This is not too unexpected as the Leica design is several years old and
not APO. Stay tuned for my results post - especially with regard to
enlargements of 16"X20" and beyond.

Regards,

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta