Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 6 -- it is Monday, so I must be in London...
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 17:29:22 -0500 (EST)

> From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
>
> The one place it did not rain was inside the Covent Garden market. I
> like this shot because I did not sneak it--the lady was well aware that
> I was taking pictures and apparently had no objection to it:
>
> http://www.wajsman.com/2002_6.jpg

this is in my opinion a very charming photograph.  the woman's expression
makes it.  the tonality and textures of the wares, the clothing,
the divider in the center, plus the diffuse lighting all contribute to its
richness.  i often find "street photos" too stark for my taste--in comparison
this one has a depth of content and technique that is compelling.

- -rei