Subject: [Leica] Tamarkin moving
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:00:50 EST

Hello all:

Been a week in Philadelphia where the American Bar Association House of
Delegates debated and adopted revisions to the lawyer ethics rules that an
A.B.A. Commission on which I've been serving has worked on for 4 1/2 years.
No smart-axx lawyer remarks please!

As someone noted, the building in which Stan's store has been since he opened
in New York is owned by Jay and Rose Deutsch who also own the Leica Gallery.

Arthur, I lived for almost 25 years on Bleecker Street a block west of that
building and know the area intimately. The building is in Noho, north of
Houston Street, not south. I was there two weeks ago. While many parts of
downtown New York look like ghost towns by comparison to a year ago, if today
you walk Broadway north from Houston Street to 14th, I don't think you will
see a single empty storefront. It is utterly bustling with people and
commerce.

I am very reliably informed that Jay and Rose asked for a market increase in
rent, Stan declined and the space was rented to another tenant at that rent.

Seth        LaK 9