Subject: Re: [Leica] Half Frame for Leica Glass
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 10:57:19 -0700

It is difficult to use an external mask with a parallax compensating
viewfinder. With a 35mm lens you could use a the SBOOI 50mm viewfinder. You
would have to loosen the set screw and orient the framelines
vertically(parallax marking useless of course). I do not know if you can do
that to any other viewfinders. It would be easy to make up a L shaped
accessory shoe to turn the finders 90 degrees (again no parallax
compensation. There was an official half frame M camera, the MD-22 (no
viewfinder) and I have jpegs of a M4-P half frame but who did the conversion
I do not know.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> (Re: [Leica] Half Frame for Leica Glass)