Subject: [Leica] Half Frame for Leica Glass
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 20:30:14 -0800

There is a camera repair shop here in town that does a super conversion
to half-frame on Cosina made SLR bodies
(http://www.procamerarepair.com/products.htm).  I have an Olympus
OM-2000 that they converted, and it works like a champ.  They do the
Nikon FM-10 and Yashica FX3 bodies too, all use the same film transport.
 I asked them if they thought the Cosina made Voigtlander Bessa cameras
might have the same transport, and thus be convertable by them, and they
thought it quite possible. I am interested in checking this out...

Is anyone else interested in a half-frame conversion for the Bessa (L,R,
or T)?  I think a T would be awesome, since one could use M-lenses on
it.  Let me know, if there is interest I'll pick up a body and see if
they can convert it. Also, if anyone knows for sure what the three
Bessas share that would help too.

Half Frame is a really cool format, with a Leica lenses it would be very
sweet.

Thanks,
- - marc

 ***     Marc Attinasi     ***