Subject: RE: [Leica] re: Alfie's week 5 PAW & bd's advice
From: "Jeffery L.Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:51:33 -0600

Oh God, it's going to be a "favorite writer" thread.  I like E.L. Doctorov,
but he probably can't photograph worth a s**t.

Since I won't be able to move around the city this week, I'm going to take
the Alfie picture dilemma as a challenge and see if I can take an image of
something mundane out in the wilderness that has no particular interest
while still producing a reasonable photograph. If my next PAW is of
something else, it will mean that it didn't work.

Taking photographs of building is (1) frowned upon by the PLUG (who are
organized enough to have their own camera cases) and (2) kind of a cop-out
in that they are already predesigned to look aesthetically pleasing. Taking
photographs of natural settings (like Alfie's tree branches) is a bit more
daunting in that you must design something in your viewfinder without
moving the subject or light source around. To be honest, I don't know if I
can just photograph some branches in an aesthetically pleasing posture. But
I'll try.

Alfie, you've inspired me to go out in the woods in search of PAW 6!

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA