Subject: [Leica] Re: A.A. turns 100
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:11:02 -0500

>At 12:01 AM -0800 2/5/02, Marc James Small  wrote:
>>Ansel Adams, him dead -- but he was born on 4 FEB 1902, so that immortal
>>memory turned 100 today. No known Rollei connection....

- --
This reply seems more appropriate for the RUG than the LUG, but some
"anti-spam filter" has bounced it 4 times, so I'll try posting it
here:

On p. 184  of the Paperback edition of "The Print" there is a
reproduction of Adams's "Trailer Camp Children, Richmond, California
(1944)". He writes (p. 185) "At the time  I was using only my view
camera; for this I borrowed Dorothia's  [Dorothia Lange] twin lens
Rolleiflex and made this negative (only one, as she needed the
camera)."
- --
Bob Marvin