Subject: RE: [Leica] Trip to Paris
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:30:34 -0500

Two things to think about in terms of a trip to Europe -
1. Getting film there - FAA regs specifically give you the right to have
film hand inspected, rather than having to put it through the Xray machines.
However, you, Robert, will, I assume, be flying out of Canada, where FFA
regulations are of even less import than the pronouncements of George Bush.
So...If I were you, I would consider FedExing my film to my first hotel in
Paris.

2. Getting film home - Rather than have it French fried, or having to worry
about processing in Europe, FedEx your exposed film home.

Yes, the FedEx charges will add to the cost of the trip, but they are
minimal when compared to having film ruined by overzealous terrorist hunters
or maladjusted Xray equipment.

Just my two cents worth.

B. D.