Subject: RE: [Leica] Some INCREDIBLE Leica Images
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:09:41 -0500

Some wonderful work - and a reminder to us all of how many really talented
photographers, and, for that matter, artists of every description and type,
there are out there who no one has ever heard of outside of a small circle
of friends. Barely on subject, I was reminded of that recently while
suffering through a meal at an Italian restaurant in Orland, where the wait
staff are all "singers." Some were pretty terrible, as one might expect, but
a few were startlingly good - as good or better than many a successful "pop"
singer raking in millions these days. But there these folks were, belting
out tunes along with the veal picotta - serving to remind one that very
often the difference between success and failure in the arts has far, far,
far more to do with who one knows, and what luck one has, than it has to do
with talent.

B. D.

BTW - Jack Eisenberg does not appear to take photographs of Leicas,
therefore he is not a Leica photographer. He is a photographer for whom
Leicas are his tools of choice. ;-)

B. D.