Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon SC-17 vs Metz 3007A on R8
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:16:00 -0400

Aram:

The Metz extension cables work by taking the SCA shoe off the flash,
putting it on one end of the cord and then fitting the other end of the
cord where the SCA shoe was.  In other words, it will not work with
dedicated non Metz, non SCA-3000 flashes like the Leica SF20.  In the case
with your MZ 40, it will work to keep the SCA-3000 shoe on your camera and
the flash on a bracket.  The end of the extension cord has a flash shoe
(dead-no contacts) on it which is also threaded for 1/4-20.

Regards,

Robert