Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions on Voigtlander lenses?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:46:03 -0700

If you search the archives, you will find tons of posts on the various
Voigtina lenses, bodies and accessories.

In case you have already trashed your weekly housekeeping messages without
reading them, the archives are found here:

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/

Decentering is an indication of manufacture/assembly imperfections in that
each element is not in its idea position in relation to the others. Perfect
centering is only a very recent phenomenon in the latest Leica lenses (I
cannot comment about other manufacturers). Decentering also means that there
will a sample variation among individual lenses. I, and others more learned
than I, have noticed sample variation with the Voigtina lenses. I recommend
you test a few if possible before buying.

John Collier