Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner and printer for the Mac
From: Voigtgroup@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:07:46 EST

You don't say what you intend to do with either machine. So  it is tough to
offer advice. Having and using both on  a daily basis I would say this:

Good quality images? Monitors and laptops are made for very different uses.
In my opinion a powerbook screen will never beat a good monitor. Particularly
if you intend to scan or manipulate images in PhotoShop. Get yourself the
best tower you can afford with lots of RAM and a good monitor. Check out the
reviews in the magazines. Still don't think OS X is the end all system that
it's cracked up to be, so that should not be a selling point.

Scanners? I have used a $1,500 La Cie scanner for many years. It has served
me very well. Just bought my wife a $200 USB Canon scanner. For moderate
sized scans you can't beat it. Its plug and play system works very well. It
all goes back to what you intend to do with this hardware.

Hope this helps. Good luck.