Subject: RE: [Leica] Scanner and printer for the Mac
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:27:33 -0800

On 1/31/02 at 6:08 PM, leica@davidmorton.org thoughtfully wrote:

> Desktop, there's absolutely no question. The MacTit is a fabulous bit of
> kit, but the colour gamut of the screen's still much narrower than that of a
> decent CRT, and that's going to make quality colour work next to impossible.

The TiBook screen is not great for doing color work - it's too sensative to
angles, for one thing, and too limited as he says above.

BUT...you can mirror to a CRT and that will give you the color rendition you
desire. Won't help you on the road - but then a desktop system won't do that
anyway.

The TiBook is a fabulous computer, esp running OS X. I now use it as my PRIMARY
machine, only doing substantial video editing projects and photoshop work on my
desktop system. The wider aspect ratio of the TiBook is a Good Thing when
working in pallet-rich environments. I've been using mine for a year now, the
500 MHz one, and it's just a wonderful machine. It really IS a replacement for a
desktop system, except as noted.

Adam