Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:(Leica) The real america
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:44:10 -0500

B.D. and Kajabbi, and others.  What you say about the real anything is very
true.  Most of us however need the contrast of other to understand where we
are.  Our neighborhood is. Without seeing other places the same but
different most of us don't understand how special our neighborhood is.

Which is why most of my posted images are taken within two miles of home.
It helps me see what otherwise becomes background, it focuses me on this
chunk of America.

Contrawise, I didn't understand my feelings for Atlanta until I came back
from a week in south central Texas including DFW and Houston.  The same but
very, very different.  Rural central Texas is a different world than rural
Georgia.  Yet, the many cafe's we stopped at aren't that different from the
OK cafe you all have seen in the PAW.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com