Subject: Re: [Leica] Texas Tavern (was starbucks situation)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:54:23 -0500

At 07:10 AM 1/30/02 -0800, Douglas Lee wrote:
>Your reference to a cheesy western at 3am brought my
>childhood rushng back! They go great with a "bowl
>with". Do they still seat a 1000 people, ten at a
>time?
>
>Next time I am in Roanoke I'll treat you to one (my
>high school reunion is years off, so no rush! (;  )

Done!  The Texas Tavern still advertises that it is "Roanoke's
Millionaires' Club" and, yes, that it "seats a thousand, ten at a time."

A Cheesy Western and a bowl with, now, that's rib-stickin' food!

But I've never tried to take a photograph there, though Eric Fitzpatrick
frequently paints the interior, complete with its denizens.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!