Subject: Re: [Leica] Taking Photos in Starbucks
From: Magnessbill@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:16:46 EST

I've never tried to shoot in Starbucks, but I have several retail clients that I shoot a lot of POP (point of purchase) material for and I've been asked to do 'spy' photography of their competitors. I go into a store with my M's and a 28 & 50 and pretend that I'm shopping- use fast film, guess focus (don't stand around looking through the viewfinder) move through the store quickly- I usually have a list of the things my client is interested in- and keep shooting till aproached by the manager or security, at which point I leave.
So I've found 'no photography' is a rule at a lot of retailers- because there are spies!!!!!!
My 2 cents,
Bill

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Taking Photos in Starbucks)