Subject: Re: [Leica] kyle's week 4 PAW - more half naked goth's
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:37:10 +1100

Kyle,
I do like the work you have put into
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2002/4/2.jpg
Somehow I would like to see more expression or action from the model, but that is only me. I will continue to follow your Chyx Pix with interest. I may learn something! I
appreciate the work you put into the lighting, which in my opinion is 'everything' in photography. Maybe your pic would improve with a subtle darkening on the wall on
left of pic (in front of girl) in order to render a better separation of face from background.
Judging from the shadow on the ground, I would say the light was slightly further from the wall than the model. To achieve what I suggest the light would be moved
closer the wall, but angled away from it slightly towards the model in such away that a little less light reached the wall in front of the model and  produce slight rim
lighting on the face. Also, perhaps I would lift the heavy areas in the region of the wings and shoulders with a little fill.
Hell, now that I have reshot the whole damn pic for you, you are free to tell me you prefer the way it is! Maybe I would agree anyway. I just like to vary everything. As
you said somewhere, you shot a bundle of film for hours. Probably you already have the pic I Described! If so, show us. As an old conservative, I am interested in new
directions from my own habits.
Thanks for sharing the pic.
JohnA

John Amiet