Subject: Re: [Leica] Richard's PAW Week 4
From: "Richard Ogden" <richard@ogdenonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:33:19 -0000

Thanks Don,

The 'bumby thing' is the hub of a cycle wheel which I found in the long
grass on a frosty morning. It seemed to me that the ice had transformed it
from the mundane object it had once been to something which looked like a
flower head - hence 'Ice Blossom'. Perhaps the cold had got to me! I
deliberately wanted to retain the stem and leaves because this then became
the stem of the flower, and I liked the way it curved round the lower part
of the frame. I deliberately burnt in the edges and corners to try to
emphasise this shape. My dilemma is what to do with the highlight on the
tyre. I love it, but it competes with the hub for attention - but I can't
bring myself to burn it in. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for your comments,
Richard