Subject: RE: [Leica] Taking Photos in Starbucks
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:50:38 -0600

This is a particularly vexing problem -- where you can take pictures.
I remember a wise sage explaining it this way.
"You can take pictures anywhere you want to. It's a matter of WHAT
you do with the pictures that is the problem."
There's a little bit of anarchist in me (from the 1960's - sorry)
that tends to agree with this. If you have the stomach for the
manager yelling at you you can shoot away in Starbucks. Now if you
print the picture and display/publish it THAT would be the problem.
On-the-other-hand, if a place (museum) posts a sign that says no
pictures I can certainly respect that.
That said, one of my biggest gripes are museums with inconsistent
policies on checking bags. I got thrown out of the Amon Carter Museum
because I wouldn't check my (J803) bag. There were women with larger
purses walking around that didn't have to check them.
The inconsistency is maddening.
Thanks for listening to my venting.
John Fulton
Fort Worth
[OT--isn't it ironic you can take a laptop into Starbucks. Jeez you
could sit there and write down the entire inventory of the
store--probably do a lot more damage than with pictures.]