Subject: [Leica] Re: Burned hole in shutter
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:03:54 +1100

Jim
>> Much to my chagrin, I burned a hole in my M6 shutter while on a hike in
>> the gorgeous weather yesterday.  Dunno exactly how it happened,

I've done this "curing" fungus on my lens on the M3 -- not that it had any
fungus, buy you cannot be too careful ;-) The sun will burn a hole in the
curtain if the lens is set on infinity, and focuses it on the shutter for
long enough. The SLR mirror is not there to protect it. So here you should
wear a lens cap.

Cheers