Subject: RE: [Leica] Taking Photos in Starbucks
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:53:25 -0800

On 1/28/02 at 1:35 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) thoughtfully wrote:

> PS
> That previous post wasn't meant to be combative or sound like a wiseass
> response.;-) I, too, find the situation pretty outrageous, but I think it
> really is a pretty typical corporate policy and 'property rights thing'

Yes, this is curious, especially with grocery stores. My son got a job as a
courtesy clerk (new PC name for bag-boy) and I wanted to take his picture. Fat
chance, bucko! You'd have thought I wanted to come in and run scanner prices
against as-marked prices or something. Geesh. And it's a BEAUTIFUL store - which
is why I wanted to take his picture in his new  job. I assume they do this
because they are somehow worried about the competition or something. But it's a
bummer.

It IS their store. I figure I can put ye-olde telephone on and shoot from the
side-walk through the wide-open doors and that would be okay. If they let their
light trespass on public sidewalk who's to complain?

Adam