Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 4 PAW - Jeffery
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:02:12 -0800

On 1/26/02 at 5:22 PM, jsmith45@bellsouth.net (Jeffery Smith) thoughtfully
wrote:

> This appears to be a heap of garbage, but it is actually someone's grave
> site. The owl statue caught my eye. Holt Cemetery is owned by the city of
> New Orleans, and provides grave sites for the folks who cannot afford to
> bury their loved ones above ground in giant marble structures. Jessie Hill
> (OO POO PA DOO) is buried here, with a piece of plywood as a headstone.
> Buddy Bolden is also buried here but his grave marker has been lost.

I'd like to see that owl up close and personal. I think it's neat.

I  note that others have suggested shooting with a shallower depth of field. You
may want to invest in a set of neutral density filters to help you control this
rather than wait for a cloudy day which will erase many shadows. Now I'm
thinking that shadows may also be an enemy in this sort of shot because it is so
complex that they add to the visual confusion.

Adam