Subject: Re: [Leica] Chinese / Indian Batteries
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:54:39 +0100

Bill,

They are widely available in Swiss and German camera shops. However, usually
they are considerably more expensive that the original Varta batteries used
to cost, and most importantly, they cannot be trusted. I recently spoke with
a Rollei repair guy here in Zurich who tested some of the Chinese clones of
the PX625 and found that they delivered 1.5V instead of the 1.35V that the
real thing gives. I therefore will not use them in my Leicaflex and Rollei
35. When my stash of Varta 625s runs out, I will simply use the Cris adapter
(so I can use alkaline batteries) or have the cameras converted, again to
allow use of the alkalines.

Nathan

Bill Satterfield wrote:

> where and how do you get them?