Subject: Re: [Leica] Chinese / Indian Batteries
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:36:20 -0500

Bill:

Upon checking my cameras, I find that I gave incorrect information
earlier.

I had forgotten that I had the Spotmatics converted to silver batteries,
( I'm told that I'm loosing my mind.... but I don't seem to miss it!)
and have the Chinese PX625 mercury batteries in my LeicaFlex SL and in
my Rolleiflex SL35. They are still working.

I bought them at Sanford Camera Repair in Arlington, MA  2 years ago.
The PX625 type were the only mercury batteries available... don't know
if they still carry them. At the time they told me that they didn't know
why, but that these PX625s were the only mercury batteries legally
available to sell in the US.

You might want to monitor ebay for Varta batteries.  They show up once
in awhile, I keep a few bought via ebay in the fridge for future use.

Jim Hemenway
http://www.hemenway.com

Replies: Reply from "Ted Bayer" <tedbayer@harbornet.com> (Re: [Leica] Chinese / Indian Batteries)
Message from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Chinese / Indian Batteries)