Subject: [Leica] FOM2Y2
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:36:41 +1100

Hi all,

Well the PAW's have been a great start to the new year, and its time
for you to all be thinking about the crafting of new images for the
FOM2 project. These should not be limited to PAWS or need to be on
PAWS, as the project is aimed at a different kind of level.

Just a few update points:

1. There are 48 images already on the server

http://cgi.linkclub.or.jp/~dmakos/fom2/viewadmin2k.cgi

2. I have been approached by a book publisher, and will meet with him
in a few weeks time I hope. Its too early to really be planning to
publish FOM2, but it does not hurt to begin an understanding of what
we are up against.

3. The images from year one are continuing to arrive, and I would
encourage all those who "won" spots in the final to get their prints
and cd's in. I am stunned by the beauty of some of the "real-life"
images, and can tell you that for many, the web just does not do them
justice. Keep them coming.

4. Anyone interested in joining the project can contact me at

firkin@mac.com

5. As many have said, we had a great first year on FOM2, and we
really need to keep raising the bar, so put all the comments and
ideas into action, and find images which reflect the way we live in
the new Millenium.

6. End of rave, and yes, I too need to get to work ;-)

Cheers and here's luck