Subject: RE: [Leica] Living with a D!X, picking pockets with an M
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:11:32 -0500

Hey, that's really cool!  People should post more often if they have
actually seen the greats of M photography in action!  I love it!

NYC is a fascinating place for street shooting.  I have only been there
twice for an afternoon each, and one trip I wasted on that damn October
camera equipment show.  But the other time I was immediately struck by how
no one was willing to take the time to harass you for taking pictures.  It
was great!  For a while I did just what you described... stayed in one spot
with my camera to my face and fired away at all the fish in that huge
barrel.  If only people were so accommodating everywhere.

I think the only general rule there is, is that there are no general rules.
;-)

BTW, if you are interested, the Winogrand video was a PBS Bill Moyer show,
and I think it was called The Photographers Eye, or something like that.
You can probably borrow it from your local library which is what I did (or
buy it from PBS for $50 or so).

BK