Subject: RE: [Leica] Living with a D!X, picking pockets with an M
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:07:25 -0600

bdcolen@earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)1/25/029:44 AM

> Get
> close to someone with an M with a 21, and if you have been
hanging around
> for a while, they will probably ignore you. Stick an F5 with a
17-35 zoom in
> their face and they CAN'T ignore you.

There's also something to what is in front of the photographer's
face. I totally agree that the M has a unabtrusive feel for the
subject. And would add that, while larger, the Rollei TLR remains
one of the least noticed cameras for true candid photography.
With the camera at waist level the act of photography seems
invisible to almost everyone, even working close.

George

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Living with a D!X, picking pockets with an M)