Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Lens protection
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:53:24 -0500

B. D. Colen wrote:

"Feli - I preface this by saying - are you ready for this? I MAY be wrong! -
but I'd be willing to bet that what wore the black chrome down was your
handling, using, the M6. I have worn black chrome on my cameras and I don't
keep them in wraps. It's pretty darn unlikely that the Domke wraps are the
culprits. But then stranger things have happen."

Sorry B.D. - Feli is 100% correct. A couple of years ago I took the train to
Washington from Montreal, my nearly new M6 TTL cocooned in a new gray Domke wrap
stashed under my seat. Upon arrival, I noticed that the black chrome on the front
edges of the top cover had taken on that distinctly silvery worn look we all hate. I
now use only older washed Domke wrap, and only older M cameras. The new wraps I
reserve for my N**on gear, which seems to have a substantially harder finish.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal