Subject: [Leica] Re: Acupan 200
From: allan <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:31:26 -0500

I received my first 20 rolls of Peterson's Acupan 200 film and Aculux2
developer. This is a beautiful combination: the grain of a 100 speed film
with an additional stop of speed. Great tonality and beautiful fine grain.

This is the first opportunity I've had to buy Acupan in the U.S., but I've
not heard anything at all about it use on any of the lists. Anyone have
experiences for hints to share? The developer Peterson has listed as the
optimum developer for this film is FX-39, but I've not been able to find
anyone in the U.S. that sells it.  Any first-hand information will be
appreciated.

I've been testing a few different films for personal use. I've found T-Max
400 developed in T-Max developer to be ridiculously free of shadow detail.
So much so, that I send back all the open bricks I had. Has anyone had good
experience with this film. I have 8 rolls of the stuff left for trade for
anything!

Allan