Subject: Re: [Leica] removable lens heads
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:14:25 -0600

I believe there were three types of the 135 2.8 with "eyes"

The original offered a de-mountable eyes, by removing a set screw, the
second had fixed, and the third was a reformulation to match the R
specs.

The ability to remove the head is an advantage in that you can more
easily remove dust from the back elements, as well as making it
suitable for the Viso.

Regards,
Sonny (former 135 owner,  Thank you, Ken!)