Subject: [Leica] From M4-2 with love...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:24:55 -0700

As I mentioned last week, I have started a long term relationship with the
814th regular production M4-2. I had noticed that the release was stiff and
notchy feeling at the bottom of its travel where it fired the shutter. So I
took off the bottom plate and had a look. The shutter release button was
moving down so far it was actually hitting on the take-up spool. It is a
very simple adjustment (details in the archives, that well of infinite
resource) and now it is smooth as butter. Stay tuned for more M4-2 love
stories...

John Collier