Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #271
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:04:04 +1300

On 23/1/02 11:20 AM, "Leica Users digest" Bill wrote:

> "People have never been more poor and still we keep hearing about how the
> economy, this abstract entity, is doing better than ever, and while the rich
> are building summer houses they are also building ghettos for the rest of
> us."
> - --Anonymous
>
> What an ignorant thing to say, if I said something like that I'd want to
> remain anonymous too.

Well, consider yourself lucky to be one of the enlightened Bill.

Go get 'em,
Gary

"While Disney sought only to foster "an image of innocent delightfulness,"
defendants supposedly sought to convey an allegorical message of
significance. Put politely by one commentator, the "Air Pirates" was "an
"underground' comic book which had placed several well-known Disney cartoon
characters in incongruous settings where they engaged in activities clearly
antithetical to the accepted Mickey Mouse world of scrubbed faces, bright
smiles and happy endings." It centered around "a rather bawdy depiction of
the Disney characters as active members of a free thinking, promiscuous,
drug ingesting counterculture." Note, Parody, Copyrights and the First
Amendment, 10 U.S.F.L.Rev. 564, 571, 582 (1976). "

WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS v. THE AIR PIRATES
(9th Cir., 1978) (581 F.2d 751)

OO
[_]<|
/|\