Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographer's block
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:55:12 -0500

> I just spent the past 4 hours roaming around the area looking for something
> spongeworthy to shoot (for those of you in the UK, that just means
> "worthy"), but am coming up blank. Sometimes, when there is a "theme" to
> look for (like the current SP forum of "hair"), it makes it easier to focus
> one's attention. I've never gone out and come back empty-handed.
>
> What do y'all do when that happens? In the past, I could just set out with
> nowhere as a destination. Didn't work today.
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

Jeffery,

Looks like we shoot in a similar manner. As far as the 'block' it happens to
me and everybody from time to time. To get out of a funk I find going to a
different area helps, but probably the best thing for me is every where i go
the camera goes. A lot of my PAW pictures last year were because I was going
about the daily routine and a picture poped up. I am in a small funk now and
not getting any PAW 2002 done in part, winter time blues and part trying to
redesign my website which was down last week because it was hacked. But
expect to catch up with the PAW in about a week and if you want a preview of
the new site: http://www.streetphoto.net/ Once you get into it some of the
links are still a little goofy.

sl