Subject: Re: [Leica] My Leica...Good Experience!
From: "Harold Gess" <Harold.Gess@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:02:07 -0000

Hello

After reading all the bad experience woes I thought I should add my good
experience stories.

A few years ago, while living in South Africa, I got a new 35 Summicron
aspherical. I inspected the lens and found that it had a flaw in the centre
of one of the glass elements.

After some complaining to the local agents I was told that they there were
no more 35 Summicron asphericals in stock and that there would be a long
wait for new stock but that, if I would like, they would replace it with a
Summilux Asph. I gladly accepted the offer!!!

Earlier this year I dropped one of my M6s and knocked the rangefinder
alignment out. I took both my Leica M6s to the UK agents in Milton Keynes
and they checked everything and adjusted both rangefinders at no charge
while I waited.

These are just two examples of the superior service I have received from
Leica. There are other examples, like getting a shutter replaced in 48
hours.

I think that if one speaks to the right person and develops a good
relationship with ones local suppliers or agents, a good to outstanding
level of service can be achieved. While I realise that one should be able to
expect good service accross the board, I think that my experience shows that
Leica can offer very good service.

Kind regards

Harold