Subject: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600: Resofine and Xtol
From: "Gareth Jolly" <Gareth.Jolly@btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:32:08 -0000

I'm about to embark on another a low light documentary project using my
trusty M6.

I did a jazz project last year, using Tri-X developed in Xtol 1:3.

For this project, I've been thinking of using Fuji Neopan.  In the jazz
project, I found that the midtones and highlights tended to overdevelop in
Xtol - at least using the recommended developing times.

Someone has recommended Speedibrews Resofine to me.  By way of background,
Speedibrews is a UK company (www.speedibrews.free-online.co.uk).  Resofine
is a two bath developer which is meant to be very good in high contrast, low
light situations.  I think it's a variant on D-23.

Has anyone used Speedibrews Resofine developer with Fuji Neopan 1600?

I was wondering

1.  what developing times to use?

2. if anyone knew how the results with Resofine compare to Xtol ?

Any other tips or comments would also be much appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth Jolly

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600: Resofine and Xtol)