Subject: Re: [Leica] Ambiguous Subject? [was: My first born daughter and some old tree]
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 04:09:15 -0800

on 1/20/02 11:49 PM, Marc Attinasi at marc@attinasi.org wrote:

> I'm confused about the comments (two now) that the tree shot has no
> central focus.  The subject, the central focus,  is the tree - it is
> pretty much the only thing in the shot really.  Is it that a tree is not
> an interesting subject? Or, is there someting else missing?  I love
> shots of lone trees,or stands of trees, or flowers, or branches, or
> grass... maybe I'm just sentimental.
>
> Thanks again,
> - marc
>
> John Straus wrote:
>
>> on 1/20/02 2:40 AM, Marc Attinasi at marc@attinasi.org wrote:
>>
>>> Some people like photos of kids, some like photos of trees, here I
>>> present a sample of each of these for comment and enjoyment.
>>>
>>> http://www.attinasi.org/LUG/daughterandtree.html

The tree photo has a lot of visual clutter IMHO.  If I look carefully at the
tree there are a lot of details of the tree that could be interesting by
themselves but there is so much stuff in the picture that my eye keeps
getting distracted.  The sky areas in particular the UL corner have a lot of
contrast which draws my eyes *away* from the tree.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Ambiguous Subject? [was: My first born daughter and some old tree])