Subject: Re: [Leica] xtol results? Better this time
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:36:44 -0800

Thanks to everybody that made suggestions and assessments for me.  I
have come to the conclusion that I simply underdeveloped.

I had a roll of Neopan 100 ACROS that I shot a couple of days ago and
decided to try that, but at 1:1 instead or 1:3.  Unfortunately, it is
cold tonight so room temp is only 66 deg F - I picked 21 minutes as a
starting point.  The results look very nice - slightly overdeveloped
this time, but very close to the density range I am used to seeing in my
negatives - and a range I know I can print.  I'll try the TMAX for
longer next time and see what I get - 13.5 minutes probably should have
been 17...

Cheers!
- - marc

ps. I've been trying and experimenting and generally mucking about with
b&w films and developers for about 20 years now.  I was not asking for a
'fix' to my development issue, just a sanity check and maybe an idea or
two to help 'focus' the experiment.