Subject: RE: [Leica] Olympus 35 OM cameras cease production
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:19:04 -0700

> I was never one to get attached to the "tools of the trade" but
> this little
> bit of news brought me back 20 years and my first pro camera system.
> 2 OM1's, 2 OM2's and a bunch of lenses.  Small, light (even with drives)
> reasonable price and decent lenses.
>
> Perfect for a young photojournalist ready to take on the world.
> They earned me my first pay cheques and were my ticket to the world.
>
> They would later be replaced by Leicas and Nikon F3's
>
> I guess sentimentality is a sign of getting old.
>

> Greg Locke

Ha - Greg - me too! 2 OM1's OM2n and an OM2 SP - got started with them and
loved those little suckers - dragged them around the streets of Londonderry
and Belfast and up to Norway  and up and down the Swiss and Austrian Alps.

I saved them and still used them for Canoe trips, where i wasn't too worried
if they got dunked! I only sold them on E**y last year (and part exchanged
one setup for a Schneider 150mm 5.6). Gotta say it was harder than I
expected getting rid of them....

tim