Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens' PAW Wk 2
From: Nathan Wajsman <>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 07:07:51 +0100

That was also my experience when I had the Hector. It did a wonderful job of
portraits but whenever I used it for scenics I was disappointed with the
results. If you really like the 135mm focal length on the M, I am afraid you
need to cough up the $$ for the 3.4/135 Apo Telyt. I sold mine because I was
not using it enough but the images I did make with it are outstanding.

"Robert G. Stevens" wrote:

>   I also went out and took some pictures in the snow.  Can't figure out how
> to do a decent scan of them though.  In one shot I tried a 135mm
> Hector.  It really wasn't up to par with the current Leica lenses.  There
> was not much details to the buildings and trees in the distance.  It would
> resolve the windows and the doors, but in the same situation, my 105-280
> would resolve the individual shingles.  I am still looking for a f4
> Tele-Elmar to use on the M now that I have seen how the Hector performs.
> I used the Hector for some head and shoulder shots and it did a decent
> job.  It just doesn't put enough detail on the film for the more distant
> scenes.
> Regards,
> Robert

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

General photo site:

Message from "Robert G. Stevens" <> (Re: [Leica] Robert Stevens' PAW Wk 2)